Most adult Providence patients are eligible to join the Geno4ME study. There are only a
few requirements they must meet to be eligible:
- need to be a current patient within the Providence health care system.
- need to have had at least one visit with a provider in the Providence network within the last 12 months.
- need to be willing to provide the name and contact information of their Providence network provider who will receive the genomic screening results.
- need a valid email address, current address, and telephone number.
- need sufficient English or Spanish fluency to provide informed consent and comply with the protocol.
- need to be at least 18 years old.
- cannot be currently pregnant, have a history of a bone marrow transplant, or currently have a hematologic cancer (leukemia, myeloma, or lymphoma).
At this time, enrollment is open only to patients of specific Providence clinics and is by invitation only. In the near future, any Providence patient who meets the eligibility criteria may be able to join.