FAMILY VARIANT INSIGHT PROGRAM
What You Need to Know about Family Variant Testing
If one of your relatives has learned of an increased risk for a genetic health condition, this could have implications for you and other family members.
Family VIP (Variant Insight Program)
Full-service care and support from genetic experts
- Initial genetic consultation and evaluation—by video or phone with a genetic expert from our nationwide team
- Arrangements for sample collection (saliva or blood), submission for insurance* cost coverage of testing
- Review of results and next steps
- A personalized clinical action plan for you and your physician
Family VIP is right for you if:
- Your family member has been found to carry a disease-causing genetic variant AND
- You have a copy of your family member’s test results (or can get a copy before your appointment)
* Most health insurance companies will cover the cost of your test; our care team will work with the testing laboratory to ensure you are aware of potential out-of-pocket charges to you prior to testing.
Got questions? Chat with us to get expert answers.
It starts with a conversation
THE GENOME MEDICAL PROCESS
Schedule an Appointment
It’s fast and easy to do online, and your personal information will always be kept confidential and protected.
If you decide to have testing, we will ship you a collection kit or schedule a blood draw at a time and place convenient to you or your family.
Expert Follow Up
We provide you with a written summary of your consultation and can work with your physician to integrate your genetic insights into your health care.